January 21, 2011

Week One: You are not Alone


Welcome to the beginning of a new life. A life free from the bondage to food. It is really possible, as I am a living miracle. "Food glorious food”(a song from the movie "Oliver")… you can't live without it, yet at times I know I wish I could. Food was my life. Food was my friend. Food was my god. How scary to rid myself of all that I knew. It wasn't about the food, so no diet could ever free me from my addiction to food. It wasn't about the number on the scale, or the pant size. There was something deeper that I wanted the food to feed. Until I threw diets out the window, and went against the flow of what the world calls normal..."fix the outside and then you will be happy"...and got to the "heart of what really was eating me"...then I became free. Free to be me. Free to enjoy food in a healthy manner. Free to be Joni, as God made me to be.
Welcome to a new life, freedom from the bondage to food. "Chew" on the following statement and take it to heart...."It isn't about the food”. As you begin this journey, BELIEVE that you too can be free from whatever food stronghold is consuming your life. "For nothing is impossible with God"(Luke 1:37) and if God can free me, He can free anyone!
Know that I am with you through this process. Please feel free to ask my anything, as God has made my "mess" my message. Let's Go....
"Come and listen, all you who fear God;
Let me tell you what he has done for me.
I cried out to him with my mouth
His praise was on my tongue
If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
But God has surely listened
And heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!
Psalm 66:16-20


Peace your way,
Joni
"Trust God. Wait Patiently. Watch Expectantly"

No comments:

Post a Comment