February 10, 2011

Chewing Thoughts from Jackie

" food hugs me" (week5) when wonering why I run to food

" god loved me back to health"

"feeding the wound grows the wound. Feeding the spirit produces freedom"

" feeding the starved child" ( what r u feeding your starved child inside? Food or god? ( week about the vine)

Quotes from Jackie:

“I would treat myself better – take better care of myself. I would respect myself and know my dignity and security is in Him. I would not belittle myself.”

"I would take every thought captive. I would desire to make my thoughts a sanctuary God can inhabit, where God can dwell comfortably."

"I am able to control my thoughts and this is what I would like my thoughts to be." (Tozer)

“It is a habit that becomes a necessity that has power over my ability to make choices.”

“We can chew on God’s Word – it is not fattening, though it is sweet to our taste… sweeter than honey!” (from Psalm 119).

No comments:

Post a Comment