January 22, 2014

The Journey Begins



Today is a new day, a new beginning if you are ready to participate in the Weightless Flying Free Bible Study. As you sit with God through this journey, I promise you that your heart will be changed, as He "gets to the heart that is eating you". Please feel free to comment as we go through this study. I would love to hear your insights as God reveals them to. This is your journey, so enjoy the ride as God takes you to new heights.
             
  How would you define freedom, becoming Weightless and Flying free? 
A life of freedom is liberty, a release from captivity a choice. The opposite of freedom is restricted, “feeling” stuck... imprisoned because there is no hope, or even a choice that flying is a choice.
Food restricted me, as it imprisoned me, even though I was the one who was controlling it. I locked myself in a prison only because I believed there was no other option.  Feeling hopeless, helpless, and afraid left me feeling hopeless, helpless and afraid, but food always gave me a choice to do something and to feel something beside myself. Why was I running to something that would always make me feel more hopeless, helpless and afraid...restricted? How do I fly when my wings were so heavy laden?
I finally found a new “hope” in a pit of despair. As I was so low that I had to look up...to the One where true freedom is found. Freedom...hope in someone bigger than me, myself and I.
            YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE FREE? 
Take that to your heart. Do you believe freedom is for you? Do you fear freedom?
Free to be yourself...the YOU God made you to be.
Free to feel...no matter how deep the pain, because Jesus is right there with you.
Free to live as a beautiful daughter of the King....No matter what the number on the scale is, no matter how many wrinkles, no matter how you may feel about  yourself when you look in the mirror...free to live beautiful...just as you are, just because God says so.
                     Read the words of John 8:31-32..
                    To the Jews who had believed him, JESUS said, "If you HOLD to my teaching,
                    you are really my DISCIPLES. Then you will know the TRUTH,
                               and the TRUTH will set you free."
The word HOLD means to be present. It is usually when we don’t want to be present when we run to our strongholds, as I ran straight to food as soon as I became present because it was “me” that I was feeling.
A DISCIPLE is a pupil a learner...one who is sitting at his/her teacher’s feet. I would sit at food’s feet as I was a disciple of food, and a very good one.
The TRUTH is that we are “slaves to the ways of the world”, and need Jesus, someone bigger than ourselves, as isn’t “ourselves” the ones who we are running from?
JESUS frees us by making us sons and daughters.
         Truth only can set the mind free from its bondage under ignorance and
              prejudice and evil habit. If the Light of the world shines into the 
               dark places of the heart, the chains that are misunderstood will not 
                only become visible, but will be broken.
                   (http://biblehub.com/commentaries/john/8-31.htm)
So if Jesus sets you free, you are free indeed!
Sounds too easy to be true, but it is.
The first step is to make this truth part of your life.
               You are free right now, even if you don’t feel, or look free right now. 
 Freedom, based on what the world’s mirror, only reflects back to you that “you are not good enough and that you can be better”. Freedom isn’t based on appearance, a number on the scale, or fitting into your jeans without having to do squats to make them fit. Freedom is based on the One who has given us wings to fly above the world’s mirror of perfection because perfection can only be found in the Perfect One. The One who came to remove whatever has kept us from flying.
                     So start flying today...even afraid...because you are free.
As you begin this process of “getting to the heart of what is eating you”, take the first step by  living free. Free, not according to the world’s standards but to who your Creator has made you to be.
Let’s start flying together, right this moment, believing and receiving the truth that you are free right now. Start living as if you are free...no matter what you may feel or weigh or look like.
Just try it...you will be amazed how light you will start to feel knowing that you can fly free through this process.
The song “I’m Gonna Fly” by Amy Grant describes what Weightless Flying Free means to me, and the freedom that my wings have enabled me to do.
"I'm Gonna Fly"

                            All of my friends are happy to stay
                            Here in this yard day after day
                            But something inside me has called me away
                            I don't understand but I know I can't stay

                                  I'm gonna fly
                                No one knows where
                                But I'm gonna fly
                                I'm lighter than air

                            Cause I have felt for the first time
                            I can be myself
                            No more faces to hide behind
                            Just a smile and a dream that's mine
                            Even if I am the only one who wants to fly

                                      I'm gonna fly
                                    No one knows where
                                    But I'm gonna fly
                                   I'll soar thru the air

                            All of my life seems I've waited
                            For the time to start
                            Being the person inside of me
                            Unafraid of being me
                            No more faces to hide behind
                            Just a smile and a dream that's mine
                            Even if I am the only one who wants to fly

                            If I had my life to live over again
                            I'd run barefoot, relax a bit more
                            And I'd talk to my children
                            And I'd learn how they laugh
                            And I'd teach them how I've learned to fly

                            Cause all my life seems I've waited
                            For the time to start
                            Being this person inside of me
                            Unafraid of being me
                            Even if I am the only one who wants to fly
                            I'm gonna fly


Start flapping those wings because that is why they are there...so you can soar above all that has been weighing you down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment